[amayausers.com] Re: Satin Stitches

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 15:39:28 UT

This message was posted by Mr. Sew & Sew on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/132.html#000007

Roland - I have to echo Rod's comments about the auto-split.

I do a lot of embroidering on blankets and throws for one customer and most of
the letters are about 1.25 to 1.75 inches tall.  We use the Roman Block font.

On the first few I did about 18 months ago, I was concerned about the stitches
pulling out.  I read about the auto-split function and used it mainly to CYA so
that I didn't get complaints about stitches getting snagged.

A week later the customer calls me to say he really likes the "new font" I've
been putting on the throws and that I should use it going forward.  Go figure -
it's the same font just using auto-split which gives it a much different look.

Try it with different variables and like Rod said, you can get some pretty neat
effects.

Tom Dauria