[amayausers.com] Re: Rotary Logo

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 18:21:07 UT

This message was posted by Aaron on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/381.html#000011

It can depend on what you are using the logo for.  I had a customer wantingthe
U of O logo on thier speaker covers for thier boat and since thats not
something you can just buy from the school my customer sent ane-mail asking
permission to do this and I received a 1 tme permission to do this as long as
they were not for resale.

I did the same thng for the Miami Dolphins one of my customers being a huge fan
for 20 years wanted thelogo on his golf cart seat which was all done up
Dolphins.  He originally did a sticker but it didnt work well so he e-maled the
dolphins and got permission for me to digitize and logo hisgolf cart as long as
he wasn't going to sell it for profit.

I paid nothing for permission on either of these.  Just know these were
specialty items the organizations didn't already do and also each school or
professional team or whatever has different rules so always check with that
group before using thier logos illegally.