[amayausers.com] Re: Roland Cutter - gX24 vs. GX -300

  • From: "John Yaglenski" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 13:31:08 -0400

Ok, first off - the GX24 is the best money we've ever spent right behind our
heat press.  Of course they work in tandem for our industry so...

Personally, unless you are going to get heavy into signmaking, I'd say save the
money.  You can always ebay it later.  We cut decals fine and short run, quick
turn shirts all the time now.  I have made a few signs - and for what we needed
including graphics on our car, the 24 was fine.

The software works well as does the export from illustrator or corel -
providing you have clean lines.  If you don't you may end up sending the logo
out to be vectorized so you have good artwork.  It's a little simplistic (the
software) but gets the job done.  Imprintables warehouse has some good videos
on YouTube that show you how to get the basics done.  They were very helpful to
get started.

We get our sign vinyl from Fellers and for heat press material, may I suggest
you go with Jotto Multicut from jottopaper.com.  It's hot peel - and no muss,
no fuss.  Some of the cold peel heat press vinyl is a little tough to work with
and sometimes, doesn't adhere well.  Jotto's paper does well even with fine
details.

Lastly, you need a GOOD PRESS.  Ideally, if you are new at it, get the ones
that do pressure readout.  Sometimes when you are trying to figure this all
out, it's difficult diferentiating between heavy and medium pressure etc.

If you buy and get stuck, I can probably help.

Oh - get the stand.  Works real well - unless you have a study tabletop already.

 - - -
John Yaglenski
Levelbest Commuications
Levelbest Embroidery