[amayausers.com] Re: Roland Cutter - gX24 vs. GX -300

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 12:58:55 -0400

Hi Veena...
Here's the deal...if you are going to get into banners and vehicles, go for the 30" model (that's the 300, isn't it?) because if you don't-you'll regret getting the smaller one real fast!

If you are only going to do heat applied-get the smaller.
I don't know anything about the machines-I run the Roland Versacamm SP300V for
digital printing and diecutting.
All my regular vinyl, and heat seal vinyl (not digital printed) go through an Allen
Datagraph iThirty with friction feed wheels.
If the GX's have friction feed wheels, then you should be able to use up all your
scrap-because you can reset the width and use up 'waste' material.
IF the machines are 'cogwheel' driven (perforated vinyl roll needed) then you are
going to have tons of waste-and the iron on material is NOT cheap.
Personally, I'd go with the Allen Datagraph tabletop machine for you- but it is
going to be $3,000.
Well built though, worth the price-and American made-right here in New Hampshire.
Not an import...

Roland

Sunrise Graphics
116 Main St
Claremont, NH 03743
603-543-1324
NO PC or WORD files accepted!
Anything with .doc, .wvm, .txt, is automatically deleted. We have NO ability to view, read, or process any files from any Windows or PC based programs. Preferred method of files is PDF for invoices, page documents, etc. but not for graphics. Photoshop (v.6) for images to be digitally printed. ANY sign and logo work must be supplied in Vector lineart (macromedia Freehand) without any compression or .eps.
signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Oct 30, 2007, at 12:40 PM, Veena Viswanath wrote:

Hi all,
        I was thinking of buying a vinyl cutter and wanted to get some feed
back on GX 24 and/or GX 300 from folks who own them. The price difference is about 1200 and wanted to see which one would do the task for me. I would be using this for heat applied graphics, may be for banners, and vehicle
decals.

        What are the pros and cons of one or the other?  How have you liked
it?  Does it come with any software?  What is the learning curve?

        How easy is it to cut from vector art software (corel, illustrator)?
What did you buy with your initial set? Do I need to get a stand or is the
table top better?

        What else do I need to look for that I have missed?

        Appreciate your response.

Best Regards,
Veena Viswanath.

Iris Embroidery