[amayausers] Re: "Retail" embroidery charges

If you are referring to something like (ABC) or (PQR), eve (2A2B3C)....
there is a 'price code' (ABCDEF, etc. or PQRSTU....etc.)
A/P  = 50%
B/Q = 45%
C/R = 40%
etc. down the alphabet.
This is YOUR discount of the 'suggested' retail prices.
A lot of times you will see a great price (lets' say $.89 for ceramic
coffee mug, 1 color imprint)
Company making the deal splashes all over the flyer (LOWEST PRICES ON
THE MARKET) OUR PRICES CAN'T BE BEAT, yaddayadda yadda.
For the customer, its a great price-over half off usual pricing. BUT
for us salespeople, in the fine print...you'll see something like (D,
or E, I've even seen G pricing). So sure, the customer is getting the
greatest price ever, while we get stuck trying to make a profit off
35% or even LESS, and spending 2 hours to get the artwork, the
approval, and then pay in advance to save COD charge...on a 144 piece
order, whoopee, you make $44.56....and spent half a day to do it.
So you have to watch these 'deals'....and don't forget the hidden
charges-setup, art, layout, etc.
Miss one and you blew your profit! Been there, done that!

Roland

Sunrise Graphics
116 Main St
Claremont, NH 03743
603-543-1324
fax 603-543-9902
(fax machine is NOT turned on 24/7-only during normal business hours
Mon-Fri., 8 am -5 pm)
www.sunrisegraphics.org
signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx