[amayausers] Restaring in same spot

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:16:56 -0400

I know it got mentioned in passing, but I'll say it again by itself.
I had problems with starting and stopping in the same spot-whether
from power outage, sensor errors, or (as in a post this week) a
digitizing problem.
It took awhile but I finally learned in Design Shop to turn ON the
'grid' feature, and after finishing my designs in there-'select all',
and then center the design on the red crosshairs!
AND, if the design was going to be upside down for hat sewing, or 1/4
turn for speed clamp (chest pocket for example)
then DO this in design shop and RECENTER THE DESIGN.
Save it for each version (hat, pocket, etc) so you can find the right
one.
Now when I go into Amaya and start sewing-the design IS centered, and
I always 'center hoop' after loading any design.
This way if I stop it, or the machine stops it-I know that I can
always 'reload' the design even after making changes-find the same
stitch area, and
start up again-and it will be in the same spot.
There is the feature for going back to 'last hoop position' or
something, I have the note on that printed out but haven't gone in to
find it and try it.
Always the job you have hooped off center, have to move the design by
moving the hoop-and that is the time everything goes wrong and you
get a brain anerysm trying to line it up again. Starting with
everything centered solves some of the aggravation.
Roland