[amayausers] Re: Resizing a design

  • From: Kushnerick <bkushner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 08:38:30 -0600

Don

I agree with everything that both you and Herb have stated.

With the software available today, it is very easy to change design size
[complete with reduced or expanded stitch counts] to almost any size.
Physically changing the size is not the problem .... but retaining
design quality is.

The retention of quality is what determines how much a design can be
changed and because of this, there are limits to how much a design size
should be altered. It will vary with the design itself but the maximum
20% size change is a good general rule to follow for many designs [now
having said that, with some designs you may be able to exceed this 20% a
bit but other designs may require that you stay below the 20%].

Bob