[amayausers] Re: Pricing

  • From: "Rod or Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 10:16:54 -0700

As a "place to start" on pricing, most across the USA are using $1.00 per
1,000 stitches.  However, there are lots of things to consider, jacketback
designs usually go for a little less and if you get a really large order or
a really good repeat customer, sometimes we make allowances for that too and
charge a little less---or for a "charitable donation."

Check your local area and see what others charge---don't always be the
cheapest in town.  Sell yourself on quality and service---not cheap.

If I discount for any reason, it will usually be on the price of the
garment--maybe 20 or 30% off, but I don't discount my work. If some people
would stop selling our work cheap, it would keep us up where we belong as
"professionals."

Hope this gives you a place to start.
Sharon Springer