[amayausers.com] Re: Pricing

  • From: "Studio 187 LLC" <InsideStudio187@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 14:56:35 -0400

This is a good thread regarding pricing. Recently, I had someone contact me
for baby blankets. She does approximately four per month. The embroidery
franchise she used is being sold so she came to me. Said she used to get
them done for $5. I told her I don't work that cheap. I have two XT's and
for a $5 job, it wasn't even worth the power to turn them on but I thanked
her for considering me and wished her well. I'm learning very quickly that
unless we as embroiderers stop under-selling our services, we'll always be
considered the ten hats for a dollar and I, for one, don't want to be known
for that. Time is money and cheap labor equals cheap work. I usually charge
$15 for up to two pieces and add $2/item for anything they bring. After
that, I charge by the stitch count, etc.

Geri @ Studio 187