[amayausers] Re: Pricing

  • From: "Alan and Margaret Jannuzzi" <Wishesinstitches@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:43:20 -0700

Please excuse my tagging on your answer.  We got a new computer and my
direct e-mails to the list aren't going thru.  I see everyone else's but
not mine.  Can someone help?  Margaret

#1...for embroidery on YOUR supplied goods-so you can get a mark up =20
on the goods (and ALWAYS figure in shipping/handling for special =20
orders-never 'eat' the shipping.) Then your normal embroidery rates, =20
PLUS digitizing costs, or 'setup' if adding lettering to 'stock' =20
designs.
#2....for CUSTOMER supplied goods. You now have lost the profit on =20
marking up the goods, so GET A HIGHER PER STITCH charge! AND a setup/=20
digitizing charge.
Why? Because when you figure up your profit margin, it boils down to =20
'per hour' profit rate. You quote a customer for sweatshirts- $18 =20
each plus $10 to embroider 15,000 stitches . (just an example). You =20
have figured you can do 3 shirts an hour, end up with about $45 =20
profit for the hour. ($5 each for shirt embroidery, $10 for profit on
=20=

the sweatshirt after shipping, etc.) But the customer runs down to =20
Wallyworld and comes back with a handful of sweatshirts he got 'off =20
the rack' for $10 each...and expects YOU to now sew them for $5 =20
each....you make $15 for one hour of work for every 3. Loss of
profit-=20=

costs you more than that to run your shop.
So you have a 'supplied goods' price list...
I have this:
=95 minimum $10 per job, no matter what-hanky, hat, towel
=95 digitizing rate-$15 and up-if it is real heavy duty digitizing job,
=20=

$3 per thousand.
=95 embroidery charge- starts at $1.50 per thousand (or minimum $10) =20
and goes down for quantity jobs.
I just did a robe yesterday...'hotel' style white heavy bathrobe. =20
Took hours to digitize it- 77,000 stitches, ONE item!
Had to do complete sewout to test, so I had to do 154,000 stitches!
We're billing it out at $150 for digitizing, and $115.00 for the =20
final sewout.
They agreed up front-because they had gone to several other shops =20
that either refused to do it, said it couldn't be done, or wanted =20
$250 JUST for digitizing the design!
Now I have their 'logo', and if other church members want more =20
done...its just a simple sewout from here on.

Roland=