[amayausers.com] Re: Packing & Shipping

  • From: "Theresa \(Terry\) Smith" <terplace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 22:11:20 -0800 (PST)

Additionally, ask whomever you decide to use what they charge for insurance.
It is based per $100 value...for example...if the value (purchase price) is
$12,000, divide the 12,000 by 100...then multiply it by whatever price they
give you for insurance.  i.e.  $.45/100 valuation.  In this case your insurance
would  be  $54.00.   ( You might want to call your business insurance agent and
see if anything like this is covered under your business insurance, too.)

  Be sure and ask whatever carrier you use how much they insure it for
...usually it is very small amount, and it is consistent.  It is totally worth
it to buy insurance.  You just never know if it will get forked when being
moved around a warehouse or dropped.

  Be sure and get it crated.  Chick packaging has offices nationwide.  Be sure
and tell them it is a computer peripheral or electronics.  They will crate it
differently; they build in some shock absorbing features.  They will probably
want to go to the site to see the equipment before they give you a quote.
There are always independent crating companies around, too, but make sure they
know it is computer equipment/electronics.

  ( I currently do international logistics as my "day job", so am unsure as to
the carrier coverage for domestic).  If you have any questions on crating or
choosing a carrier, let me know.

  Theresa
  Terisa Design
  terplace@xxxxxxxxxxx

DLCompton@xxxxxxx wrote:
      Try Navis Pack and Ship (www.gonavis.com).

    Dorothy Compton, Owner
Bee Embroidered
www.BeeEmbroidered.com
(916) 635-7467
Embroidery, Screenprinting, Rhinestones, Vinyl

    In a message dated 2/22/2008 7:55:10 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
SmrtCooki@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
    I have just purchased a used Amaya XT and heat press from a private home.
The seller will not pack the item because she is concerned that if anything
happens in transit that she will be held liable rather than the shipper . . .
in other words they would pass the buck.

  Can anyone please tell me how to find a packer/shipper for these items?  I
don't even know how to find someone, or who to contact.  I've signed up at
shipper.com or some such thing, but I would never know if I had a reputable
person packing & shipping the items, and that concerns me.

  I would really appreciate any recommendations of who to contact.

  Thank you so much in advance.

  Soon I will be joining in as I will know what you are talking about more, as
I will have my own machine here :)

  Colleen