[amayausers.com] Re: Not sewing the right colors..

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 22:06:06 UT

This message was posted by KGM on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/161.html

Hi, I rarely have any problems so I guess I get more frustrated than if I did..

I have a Big Red.  OS Vs. 7.00.056

My machine is not following the colors I put in and not going to the correct
needle of that color to sew in the design.  At first I thought I'd prob just
put in the wrong color..  but I dbl ck'd and they were/are correct.

I blew off the color sensors sev times w/canned air but haven't resorted to my
husband's air compressor hose yet.

It is not consistent either.  One time it sews it wrong - I reset the design
and it sews it right.

It sewed a 54 color design this morning no prob but then I put a 2 color jst
words on there and it sewed first one right 2nd outline letter color wrong.
Now I am working on a dog w/ 24 colors and we are at 18 and it is insisting on
going to wrong color.  I reset and it still goes to wrong color (same wrong
one).

I've shut dn software and machine and restarted let it reload and still goes to
wrong needle.

I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software issue..   but I think software.
  Altho maybe it is the color sensors but I'm not getting any errors just
sometimes advancing to wrong needle when it does a color chg.  No rhyme nor
reason goes to diff wrong needles on diff designs altho once it 'chooses' a
wrong color to go to it kind of sticks with that unless I can get it to reset
and sew right..

Any ideas?
 :)  Jill
in Sunny but cold SE CO