[amayausers.com] Re: New place to store thread

Maybe you could have saved a hefty repair bill...just dose it
good with mineral oil and it should have coughed up that hair ball!
LOL

On Feb 13, 2008, at 5:03 PM, Theresa ((Terry)) Smith wrote:

Good 'Merican manufacturing...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'
;-) ts

Linen Barn <linen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
LOL This is getting good and I am not sure I should admit this to the general AMAYA public :) I am a little embarrased to let this happen as I should have been back there for maintenance a month ago but got busy and I want to use my stupidity to show everyone just how important regular maintenance is so enjoy.

I am pretty certain I had a Madeira cone on #9 or #12 needle and these tall cones tend to let thread off cause of the vibration. I think it vibrated enough to drop down into the gears and cam and once the cam got ahold of it it started wrapping up. I never noticed it doing this so I have no idea how long it has been like this or how long I ran it this way. The machine seemed to have more thread breaks than normal about 3 weeks ago so I assume thats about when this happened and since then we ran around 175 caps and dozens of twills on this machine so its amazing that it was running and didn't cause damage. I am so thankful Rod happened to be in the area and found my problems cause he saved me lots of money.

Anyways, thats my best guess on what happened but I don't know for sure. Rod even said this is one of the stranger situations he has seen in his travels working on machines. The amazing thing is there was no thread causght up in the drive gear or in the gears on the back side of the needle case that the drive gear runs. Was just the cam and the surrounding area.

Aaron Sargent
The Linen Barn
linen@xxxxxxxxxxx
541-770-2957