[amayausers.com] Re: New User help needed - digitizing/sewing

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 18:51:17 UT

This message was posted by levelbest on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/687.html#000012

Ed:

Just tried the rasied and the standard needle plate back to back on a design I
know runs well.  Raised needle plate - 3 thread breaks.  Ran all the way up and
a click or two down.  Second with standard, no breaks.  Same machine.

It appeared that the material thickness and thread tension was very taught with
the raised plate on and that auto did a better job on the standard.  In fact,
after the first two breaks, I set the minimum MT to 5 but it still broke one
more time.

Checked the sewout results - can't say I could really tell the difference.

This was an otto structured low profile hat.

Of course, this could be a PEBKAC issue - Problem Exists Between Keyboard And
Chair...  :)