To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 1:51 PM
Subject: [amayausers] Re: New AMAYA Feed Rollers

Jeff
I don't quite understand. Are saying that each thread roller is good for 4
million stitches? Because that just isn't my experience.

Jack Fuller

-----Original Message----- From: amayausers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amayausers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff Banks Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 13:06 To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [amayausers] Re: New AMAYA Feed Rollers

Hi Jim,

The recommended maintenance on the new rollers is 4,000,000 stitches. This
is exactly the same as the old rollers. We have NOT found that maintenance
is needed more frequently. We have found that keeping them clean and
insuring they are oil and grease free is more important than the older ones.

Unless you are using threads that have an unusual amount of lubricants used
in their manufacture process, you should not see any issues. The 4,000,000
maintenance now stresses that they be inspected, lubricated, and cleaned as
they are more sensitive to oil and/or grease on them than the older ones. I
have been using them for months in my test machines and have not yet had to
clean them on a daily basis. In fact, I have yet to clean them at all, (I
push things to the limit here) and I run the one test machine I have next to

my desk on a daily basis. Actually, if care is taken when installing and
lubricating the new rollers, and making sure the lubrication is added to
the inside of the thread feed assembly, not on the HUB of the roller, then
grease usually does not get on them. If you get grease on your fingers when
handling the rollers, this can cause problems as well.

Common sense has to prevail. If you are running 90% of your embroidery on 4

or 6 colors, then these rollers are the ones that are going to need to be
cleaned and inspected more often than ones that are not used on a daily
basis.

What is recommended for cleaning them is to use a clean cloth. Generally
alcohol is not needed, nor recommended. The roller does not have to be
removed to clean it. The plastic cover over it can be removed, and a piece
of pique knit or other absorbent material used to hold on top of the roller
and either spin the roller by hand from the back side, or use the one
revolution key combination on the key pad and have the machine spin the
roller. This usually is adequate to clean it well.

The new rollers are made from a material that lasts much longer than the
older rollers. We have designs here that can kill an older roller within a
few hundred thousand stitches. Those same designs have been used for testing

and setting the standards for the new rollers. We find that what would take
only few hundred thousand stitches before, now takes 10's of millions. In
fact, we had to make the ends of the rollers or the hubs that fit into the
slots of the thread feed assembly with brass inserts in them, as the plastic

in hub area would wear out before the material of the roller that contacts
the thread. The rollers have been improved in 2 ways. The material that
contacts the thread has a much longer life, and the hub area of the wheel
that is in contact with the inside of the thread feed assembly now has metal

to prolong the wear of that area as well.

If you are one that has been replacing the thread feed rollers pretty
regularly, I highly recommend trying the new ones. I am confident you will
see an improvement in thread feed accuracy and longevity of the rollers.

As Aaron mentioned, the kit includes more than just the rollers. All the
covers that go over the rollers are replaced as the cut out area is bigger
to allow better contact of the top red pinch roller, and the top red pinch
rollers are replaced also and are included in the kits. They now have a
knurled surface to help further reduce thread slippage.

Jeff Banks
Melco Embroidery Systems

----- Original Message ----- From: "Laughing Palm Inc." <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>