To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 8:23 AM
Subject: [amayausers] Re: New AMAYA Feed Rollers

When were the new rollers made available?  I bought my Amaya in
November 2004?  Would it have had the new rollers?

Thanks
Jean Allen

--- Jack Fuller <Jack@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

OK. I am one of those who replace the roller when it develops
a line of wax
on it. This works out to about every 150,000 or so stitches. I
cleaned some
up and will use them again. But there have been times when I
get a cut or
groove in them at about 200,000 - 250,000 stitches. I have
never gotten any
better than that.

Jack Fuller

-----Original Message----- From: amayausers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amayausers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff Banks Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 15:50 To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [amayausers] Re: New AMAYA Feed Rollers

Hi Jack,

I referenced the 4,000,000 as this is the Maintenance Timer
that includes
the Inspection of the rollers and if needed the replacement of
them. This
interval or timer has not changed. We have left it at the
4,000,000
stitches. If you go to the 4,000,000 timer and do a Step
Through, or go to
the Amaya Help, then go to the Maintenance Timers and to the
4,000,000 it
has procedures and pictures. This has not changed, nor does
Melco feel it
needs to change at this point. What has changed is the roller
itself, which
should be a much improved version.

Some people get more stitches out of a roller than others.
Some change them
instead of cleaning them. I have taken rollers from customers
who have sent
them to us after replacing them, and they work fine here. In
many cases they

are replaced because they are replacing others that need to be
replaced, so
why not do them all? Not all need to be replaced at the same
time. That is
why inspecting them and cleaning them is important as
sometimes just
cleaning them fixes problems with thread slippage. Unless they
are grooved
and have cuts, they do not need to be changed. One of the
things that will
cause damage to rollers is mis-trimming. If the machine is
having problems
trimming and misses a lot of trims, (one now and then is
normal), the
mis-trimmed threads are pulled and can cut the rollers. If you
are changing
a lot of rollers due to cuts in them, this is one thing to
look for as a
possible cause. Melco also feels that the current rollers in a
medium to
high volume shop are not lasting and wearing as they should.
This is why we
have worked to improve them and release an improved part.

 Jeff Banks
 Melco Embroidery Systems

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jack Fuller" <Jack@xxxxxxxx>