[amayausers.com] Re: Monitor troubles - sq is not sq

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 18:51:48 UT

This message was posted by Oregonian1a on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/625.html#000005

I had this exact same problem on my 29" Viewsonic Plasma wide screen. The
solution is to find out what the "Native Resolution" of the screen is at and
set Windows to that resolution.

I did this by going to my NVIDIA GeForce (video card) control panel. Under the
heading "Change Flat Panel Scaling" the control panel displayed what the
"native resolution" of the monitor was and what the "current resolution" was
set at. I changed the current resolution to match the native resolution and the
problem was fixed.

On that screen it did offer that I could scale things to correct for the error
introduced by having the two resolutions at different settings, but seemed
easier just to make them the same.

Not sure where you would find the native resolution for your monitor, but
likely it would be in the documentation that came with your monitor.