[amayausers.com] Re: Missed trims and new needles...a correlation?

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/264.html#000005

I'm wondering if the 'dryer sheet' trick is a temporary fix for static
electricity? Our tech showed us how bad ours gets-winter is the worst when
humidity is low. Dangle a 12" piece of thread from your fingers and move it
towards your needle head-and watch it. We had it sticking almost straight out
once it got within a couple of inches-like a kid's hair in a school science
project. He showed us how that can affect thread tension, breaks, etc. because
the thread will 'drag' across the rollers and such. So the machine has to be
grounded well. Has anyone tried putting their Amaya on those 'antistatic' floor
mats (Staples, Office Depot, etc.?) and did it work? On my plotters, we had to
wire in a direct ground line from the machine chassis to the ground screw on
the outlet box and that cured it there-static was building up enough to cause
the 'internal computer' to go crazy. I wouldnt be surprised if the Amaya can
have the same problems-a couple little St Elmo sparks dancing aroun
 d on your mother board could raise havoc.