[amayausers.com] Re: Missed trims and new needles...a correlation?

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 06:26:09 UT

This message was posted by Steve F. on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/264.html#000011

Was there a resolution to this problem?  I am about to set "ole Smokey" on
fire!   I have spent 6 hours today sewing out about 15 hats with a design of
about 8500 stitches.  I ran about 2 dozen hats earlier and then the problems
started.  When a trim is issued, the machine will usually not cut the thread,
but leave intact.  If the next stitch / color is farther than the leader the
thread will snap/break which usually results in unthreading, or when the needle
attempts to start the next stitch it will not lock or have enough slack to
engage properly.  Other things that occur is the bobbin thread appears to snap
back to a place where the next stitch will not pick it up.

I have spoken with Tech Support and they had me check the pressure foot
settings which seemed to help a little temporarily (about as long as the tech
was on the phone) then the problems returned.  I have also tried the keypad
keystrokes which have no effect.  The design has been reloaded repeatedly and
the machine has been power cycled a couple of times.   I have checked the knife
and selector tests and all appears to function normally.

The thread isn't the only thing getting a little frayed with this problem.
Anyone have a suggestion?