[amayausers] Re: Machine running at variable speeds.

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 13:57:04 -0400

It is built into the machine...what you are really setting is the TOP
speed it can run.
So if you set it to 1300 (I do it almost all the time) it will run
1300 on a nice fill pattern, maybe 1100 on large lettering, then you
get into fine detail, etc. and it can drop to even 400. The machine
has been programmed to slow down going around corners, where stitches
get real tight, change of direction, or in some fill patterns, if the
needle has to jump back and forth a large distance (ever see it try
to do 1/2" satin stitch?) you could actually damage machine parts
trying to move hoop, hoop carriage, needle, etc. that many different
directions at once.
The program tells it to only run as fast as it can safely.
Your settings are for the highest speed you can use 'for that
material' and some material you would set it slower.
But you can't set it to run 'one speed only'.
Same idea the 'auto tension' runs-it will vary up and down...but you
can override THAT and tell it to just run one tension, and risk a lot
of breaks.

Sunrise Graphics
116 Main St
Claremont, NH 03743
603-543-1324
Preferred method of files is PDF
to our email-we are all MAC based graphic programs here
signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx