[amayausers.com] Re: Machine Error Still occuring

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 04:32:56 UT

This message was posted by namuh on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/494.html#000006

I hesitate to post this because I am away from my workplace for a week and
can't check out exactly what I did, but here goes.

I did have a problem with a selector index error, and had the no trim that you
are talking about.  I went to the maintenance dialog (where you can put the
head up, down, etc.) and was going to do a test on the selector and trimmer as
written in the Technical manual pdf.  I think it is the second tab.

Anyway, I could move the selector back and forth and the trimmer, but the test
buttons were grayed out.  Somewhere in the PDF I read something about putting
the head down to the bottom, where it should read about 180 degrees, then
clicking a release button (or named something like it), then the head up
button.  I did that, then checked and could perform the selector and trimmer
tests.

Everything seemed fine after that.  Since I can't describe exactly what I did
and also don't have access to my shop computer, I would advise you to read the
technical PDF for selector errors and you can probably find it.  I don't know
if the procedure will work for you, but it appears to have worked for me.

scott