[amayausers.com] Re: Lost designs

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 15:10:24 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1330.html#000005

Juli,

One other thing. The designs may have been inadvertantly saved to a different
folder in DS or on the C: Drive on the computer....have you done a search on
the harddrive for the individual files to find out where they are at.

If the files were already saved, then the message about wanting to recover a
file would not have any affect on the saved files. If one of the files was
loaded up in DS and some editing was being done to it and DS crashed, then when
DS was reopened you would get the message about recovering. If you say yes, DS
will recover the file along with some, maybe , but not often, all of the
editing or digitizing changes that were made at the time of the crash. The
original file would still be accessible unless "it" was specifically deleted by
the operator.

My computer guru sons get after me because I always use the "Save AS" option
rather than the "Save" option. But, too many times I have inadvertently had a
different folder addressed, clicked save on something I was working on and
Zoomie, off to hide and seek land where I now have to do a hard drive search to
find where I put them....doing a "save as" forces me to look at the file name
and reminds me to look at the folder location/name also.

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer