[amayausers.com] Re: Live Designer

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 02:49:52 UT

This message was posted by levelbest on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/346.html#000003

Interesting - saw it at the NJ show but I would imagine the cost of $2k a year
and $800 setup will put it out of the reach of most on the list when added to
the other costs of machines, software, supplies etc.

If they can get the cost down to about $50 a month, host the web application
and offer a 90-120 day free trial to existing Melco users, THEN I could see
giving it a shot.

I think it's overpriced for what it is right now... and of limited use to
smaller companies looking to build a business as it lacks the personal touch...
but that's just MHO.  Your mileage may vary.

I can see the usefulness expanding as the product matures however and the
framework is there to do some interesting things down the road.  I'll give it
another look at version 2.0  ;)