[amayausers] Re: John Banks

To fix your material thickness problem you need to go into settings and then
settings by color.  The setting by color box needs to be unchecked.  After
unchecking the box you probably want to save the design so the next time you
open the design you will not have this problem.  This should not happen with
any new designs you setup, just older ones setup on earlier software
versions.

As far as the false bobbin breaks I run my machines with the detect on
(unless sewing caps) and do not have any problems.  If I get 2 or 3 false
bobbin detects on a certain needle number I check the thread feed roller.
After time they tend to get a groove in them (Melco is working on figuring
this out) which causes the machine to let thread slide through.  I keep lots
of rollers (Part #30615-01) on hand.  I have had to change 3 today.
Sometimes they wear faster than others.  I think it depends on several
things such as bobbin too tight, thread getting caught and pulling on the
wheel too much, too low of Material thickness setting,and general wear
(probably more that I can't think of right now).  I know the kit that comes
with the AMAYA has 2 spare rollers in it.

As far as finding John Banks his name is actually Jeff Banks and anyone at
Melco can be e-mailed by putting the first letter of their first name and
their full last name with @melco.com, so he can be reached at
jbanks@xxxxxxxxx if you ever need to talk to him directly.

Hope this helps.  If you have more questions let me know.  You can call me
at 1-888-494-9035 if you would like.  I will be working until 5 PST today.

Aaron Sargent
The Linen Barn
linen@xxxxxxxxxxx
Medford, OR