[amayausers.com] Re: Intermittent Tapping Sound

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 16:04:06 UT

This message was posted by TheresaJane on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/991.html

We have an XT that gets used somewhat sparingly.
We try to stay ahead of the lubrication schedule.

After sitting for about a month,  we sewed out a design last night.  Sewed
fine, however, an intermittent tapping sound was heard.  Sewing at ~750spm,
every 15 seconds or so,  we hear a series of about 5 or 6 taps and then they
stop.  Watching closely, when the taps occur, you can see all of the takeup
levers shake/move.

So that leaves me with three basic questions.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Is this potentially a self repair/clean operation?
How to locate a good technician in the MD area?

Much thanks to all who may be able to help.

Theresa