[amayausers] Re: Index Error

  • From: e3m@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 11:26:16 +0000

Lisa and Don,
Chances are, it's one of three things associated with your Needlecase index
sensor.
1) It's dirty with lint or dust
2) It's dirty with oil
3) It's malfunctioning on it's own or due to some other source.
If you're experiencing a mechanical bind on your needlecase this could be a
cause too.

Normally it's dirty with dust or lint following a dusty job or neglect from
periodic cleanings with compressed air.  Color change the needlecase to needle
number one.  Kneel down on the right side of the machine/needlecase and look
just behind the needlecase and slightly above the bottom of the needlecase for
a small black sensor shaped like a square letter "C".  If you're viewing it
from the right side of the machine it will have some white lettering on it.
Without physically touching it, shoot some clean air in and around this sensor
to free up any debris that might be causing it to distort it's signal.  When
finished, hit the emergency stop button and then release and see if this
doesn't fix your problem.  If not try to reboot the machine.
Before rebooting the machine, make a note of what stitch you left off on so
that you can return to this stitch later. (Click on "Tools", "Move to Last
Origin" - then click on "Settings", "Move" and then type in the stitch number
where you left off and click "Move to Stitch".)

If your sensor is coated with oil from over oiling your reciprocator, you may
need to have it replaced.  Same goes if it's malfunctioning due to something
other than dust or lint.

Best of luck to you.
Ed Orantes
Melco Tech and Trainer