[amayausers.com] Re: How long does a needle last?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 20:57:36 UT

This message was posted by Oregonian1a on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/903/2.html#000020

In regards to an automatic lubrication system, I used to help design machinery
that employed such systems. On the machinery that I helped design, it was
acceptable for the oil to drip off the guides and down into the coolant tank.

I would not want the task of designing that sort of system for these machines.
Calibrating them to deliver just enough to properly lube but not enough to
start dripping would be a nightmare. Anything can be done with enough R&D and
resources I suppose (think $$$) but I think the expense added to this machine
as well as the likely problems that would be introduced would not make it
practical.