[amayausers] Re: Hooping troubles

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 12:16:56 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/23.html#000002

>From a note posted probably 2 years ago...we took all our hoops-plastic and
>wood....and cut adhesive backing in 1/2" strips-then stuck around the inside
>of the top hoop, outside of the bottom hoop.
When you hoop any material, the backing gives it a 'grip' and there is less
chance of slipping. Nylon totes, jackets are the worst-and the 'wedge' or
'paper' clamp is the best solution-but bend the handles down (like the little
clamps on the WCCF hoop) so that the needle bar doesn't run into them! Also
make sure you ALWAYS do a design trace-to make sure the clamps don't pop off.
Material that is rippled or loose in the hoop means it is NOT tight enough, or
you have a hem, button hole, button-something in between the hoops that is
preventing a good tight clamp. If that happens, you have to go to a larger hoop!