[amayausers.com] Re: Hooping straight

  • From: "STUDIO 187 Custom Embroidery" <InsideStudio187@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:43:45 -0400

You could mark your hoop with a sharpie marker at the four corners to help with
lining up. Just a little dot at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock. If you need additional
visual aides, use tailer's chalk and draw a line across the design area on the
garment (make sure the tailer's chalk will come off easily). Or print out the
design with the grid and you could pin the printout onto the garment and use
your hoop marks to line everything up. Remember to remove the pinned printout
before starting embroidery. When hooping, use the line on the garment (or the
printout) to match up with the dots on the hoop. Eventually, you'll train your
eyes and won't need them at all. Good luck.