From: Roland R. Irish III
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 8:33 AM
Subject: [amayausers.com] Re: Hooping Question

I'd say it's time to face reality and tell the customer the design
is too large for your equipment...if you can't afford the larger
clamp. There are times when you just can't do something the
way the customer wants! Like sewing ON a pocket of a shirt...
just doesn't happen.
You could always use your largest screen, shrink the design to fit,
and run one off to show the client. I find that embroidered designs
can always be run 25% or so smaller than the same image screenprinted.
And they always look better...so for the hassle, I'd grab a tote (which is
only
a couple of bucks) and run one off to show them the limits you can go to.
Chances are very good they will be happy with it!
And if they insist that they've seen tote bags with full front designs,
explain
that the 'commercial, retail' tote bags, like hats-are embroidered BEFORE
the material is sewn into the tote or hat. It is embroidered as a piece of
flat
material, then cut and sewn in the shape needed. With hats, it's called a
'panel program' and there are a few companies that still do that for small
jobs.
But it usually is how all your massed produced 'brand name' stuff is done.
Less waste, larger image area, better detail, etc.

Roland

Sunrise Graphics
116 Main St
Claremont, NH 03743
603-543-1324
NO PC or WORD files accepted!
Anything with .doc, .wvm, .txt, is automatically deleted. We have NO ability
to view, read, or process any files from any Windows or PC based programs.
Preferred method of files is PDF for invoices, page documents, etc. but not
for graphics.
Photoshop (v.6) for images to be digitally printed.  ANY sign and logo work
must be supplied in Vector lineart (macromedia Freehand) without any
compression or .eps.
signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Sep 26, 2007, at 8:15 AM, Studio 187 LLC wrote:

What does everyone use to hoop or prepare a tote bag for embroidery with a
full side of embroidery? Figure about an 11-inch square? The XT doesn't seem
to have any hoop that fills this need. The tote is too small for the jacket
frame and the design is too large for the 8" hoop. I've been using the Fast
Frame 9x11 but I'm still in need of those extra 2 inches for a square border
around the tote front. The larger clamping system seems to be a good
solution except it may as well be a million dollars because it is not cost
effective for me. I would need two. Any ideas?

GF