[amayausers.com] Re: Hooping Caps

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 15:09:02 UT

This message was posted by Steve I on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/229.html#000004

All good advice, just remember if you try to change too many things at once you
won't know what actually did the trick.  There is a huge learning curve here
and if you try to take a short cut around the bend you will miss a lot of
learning.  I know we all have deadlines and sometimes we just want to get the
job done.  In dong that we are missing some valuable lessons in what works
best.  Take the advice you have been given and try a couple of things at a time
to see what differences it really makes.  Start with the needle and the
density, then try different speeds.  As far as the presser foot goes, I adjust
by the sound it makes.  If it is hammering away at the hat, raise it, you can
tell when it stops hammering and the hat is not flagging.

It's a process and you won't learn it all over night.  If it was easy,
everybody would be doing it.