[amayausers] Re: Help with XT Cap Frames

  • From: "Kesavan" <kesavan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 07:31:39 +1000

The frame needs an appendix operation.

Try removing the little metal piece that sits below the sliding peak holder.
This will let the cap sit flush against the frame.

Open the sweat bad up. The sides of the cap have to be tucked in nicely
inside the steel band so that the teeth on the side of the strap grip the
cap where the sweat band and the outer edge of the cap join.

Before tightening the strap tuck the back of the cap between the two clip
poles and the strap with the sweat band open.

Anand

I need some help with the new XT cap frames.  I'm doing a bunch of Little
League caps that basically consist of just wording (sponsors names).  All
the words are made with column stitches and on some of the hats that have a
pretty thick font, the clip for the strap keeps coming unfastened causing
the hat to come loose from the frame.

I've tried tightening the strap down, I've tried slowing the machine down.
It still keeps coming unfastened.

Any thoughts???

Kip Biddle, partner
Brookside Designs