[amayausers] Re: Help

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve208321@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 19:01:29 -0500

I would use fill lettering for a 1.75" letter. It is too easy for satin stitch lettering that high to come loose if he falls off the bike and hits the dirt. Use the default DesignShop underlay and you should be fine. I agree on using a sharp needle for any canvas type material. It may break a ball point needle due to the thickness of canvas. The metallic thread speed will depend on who makes your thread. (All thread mfr's are different.) I run mine at around 750spm and have no problems. I don't like to run my machine faster than 800spm.

From: DLCompton@xxxxxxx
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 16:49:09 EST

I'd use just a sharp needle and keep everything else the same. Some say
reduce speed but I've had no problems going 1200spm with metallic (I just did
10
1" monograms on fleece scarves with no problems). Good Luck!

Dorothy Compton Bee Embroidered _www.BeeEmbroidered.com_ (http://www.beeembroidered.com/) (916) 635-7467 Rancho Cordova, CA

In a message dated 12/16/2005 11:31:27 AM Pacific Standard Time, beverlyt@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

   Hello Amayausers,

I need suggestions on an order for a customer. This will be done on canvas
piece on back of director chair.
Font is Brody, lettering is 1.75". he wants this in metallic gold thread.
I have 2 spools that i used when i had home emb. machine. My question is do
i use a special needle or size, what density, or colum width. Do i need to
tweak those settings.

these are for a  motorcyle stunt man, does  showes all over the country.  He
has a lot of embroidery done.  I  think he's giving me a try cause his wife
and i are good friends

Best Regards,
Beverly Thompson
Perdido Beach  Embroidery.