[amayausers] Re: Help!

  • From: "E. Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 11:28:43 -0500

Ms. Beverly,
        Stretchy material will always be a problem for machine sewing because
what's supposed to be constant, is not.  If you have to stretchy material,
think of it like this... If you were to sew on two pieces of cut-away
backing, would the design look okay?  If so, then consider your backing to
be the garment and the topping to be the actual fabric.  It's the movement
of the stretchy fabric that's causing your pulling problem.  The more
backing, (and the more stable of backing) will help to reduce this problem.
And remember to hoop snug but not overly tight to the point where you are
the one stretching the fabric.
Good luck,
Ed

Ed & Maralien Orantes