[amayausers.com] Re: Hearing a hammering sound

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:39:32 UT

This message was posted by KERRMINATOR on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/777.html

I was running a design and part way through it, the needle started making a
hammering/thudding noise. I'm not sure if it was coming from up near the head
or down near the needle itself, but when I switched to a different needle, it
didn't make the sound. I had to do the rotary hook maintenance at the end of
the design also, and  when the machine finished, it moved back to the needle
that was making the sound. At the end of the maintenance, when it spins the
hook, I could hear the sound again. Any ideas what's causing this?

On another note, is there a place on this site where we can "search" the forums
instead of sifting through the most recent posts to the oldest posts? It would
make it easier to find answers instead of accidentally re-posting something
from an old thread. Thanks