[amayausers] Re: Having trouble with Micro Fonts

  • From: John Yaglenski <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Amaya Users <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:09:53 -0400

Roland:

This question was asked on the discussion boards.  Please reply there. :)

The original poster will not see your reply here.

JOHN

On 10/12/06 11:10 AM, "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Some of the problems with pique knits and small lettering is in the
> material itself. If you look close-pique is 'ribbed', like the old
> cordoroy pants we had as kids...okay, you youngsters in here don't
> have a clue...but Bill Cosby did a hysterical routine about wearing
> new cordoroy pants.
> High quality pique is very dense, low quality is an 'open' weave. So
> you are trying to sew tiny letters on a service that goes up and down
> about 50% of the thickness every other thread or so in the weave.
> Some of the embroidery is going to be on the 'high' weave, some on
> the 'low' point. And if your straight lines end up parallel with the
> weave, they can almost disappear entirely. As the thread tightens up,
> it will pull the pique tight-now you can see 'through' the fabric
> because the material is compacted.
> Solvy will help keep the thread a little looser, and also keep it up
> out of the 'grooves'.
> Extra backing as others suggest is what you have to test-some use 1.5
> oz., double it, etc. We use 3 oz. cutaway but have heard of using the
> 'mesh' backing so I have some to test.
> And keep in mind-there will be times that you just have to tell a
> customer- " I cannot sew on that (or that small size) with this
> machine" and refuse the job, or resize it. People will bring in all
> kinds of stuff they bought on sale, or at a yard sale, whatever-
> figuring you will embroider it for $3 and make it look like something
> expensive. Learn to 'get your price' and when to say no!

- - - - - - - -

John Yaglenski
President / Chief Executive Officer
Levelbest Communications

I: www.levelbest.com
P: 301.591.2481 / 888.229.1779

active website design . web hosting . content driven websites

This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and may be
privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Levelbest,
immediately -- by replying to this message or by sending an e-mail to
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx -- and destroy all copies of this message and any
attachments.  Thank you.