[amayausers.com] Re: HELP!

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 14:17:38 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/628.html#000008

Roland,

Yes it will help but as you know, all T shirts are not created equal. They do
present a challenge for the most part. It is just another tool to use and is a
good one to keep embroidery fills from sinking into the material which will
cause the fill to curl up after it is taken out of the hoop. Of course if the T
is stretched during the hooping process...welllll... then that is another
story, but.....

To use too much backing makes the embroidery/backing too heavy and the T shirt
sags when worn, so we use two to three layers of polymesh, cross hatched,
depending on the T quality, when ever possible. I also reduce the densities,
and also reduce stitch counts as much as possible by using the Scale Factors
tool in Design Shop and depending on the T shirt quality, will use a bit of
sticky spray to keep them from crawling around on the backing. I really do not
like the sticky backing and will only use it when nothing else will work and
never on T's.

So give it a try, If the fill starts to look loopy then you have set the run
fill too high and will need to back off....in Threadfeed(OS)...look at the
diagram and watch the thread grow between the needle strikes on the diagram, as
the number is increased....same thing is happening on the garment, only you are
trying to find that happy place where the thread is just kind of laying on top
of the garment and the stitch is not being pulled so tight that it is pulling
on the material as it is being laid down.

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer