[amayausers] Frustrated!!!!!!

  • From: "wl solomonson" <wlsolomonson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 15:10:54 -0600

I reallllllllllllllly hate embroidery today!!!! I don't know if I am just
too picky or if the logo I'm trying to sew has problems. I've had this
design professionally digitized by someone I know is a good digitizer but I
can't get it to sew out to my satisfaction. The lettering in the logo is
very thin, about 1/4" high and of course has serifs. All nasty issues for
the digitizer. The first file I received I couldn't make it through the
lettering without numerouse threadbreaks. I tried everything I could think
of except checking the hook timing. I finally sent it back to her to look at
again and she "fattened" up the letters a little bit. I've got it back and
can get through it without a thread break but I'm just not satisfied with
the way it looks. I've been sewing it out on a practice denim shirt, 65/9
sharp needle and I've got to use a layer of light cutaway and one of light
tearaway to get it hooped tight enough, tried running it at a 4 and then a 5
material thickness. Does anyone has some suggestions for me? My digitizer
does classes at all the shows so she is off traveling right now so can't
have her take a look at it again until she gets back. Would someone be
willing to run the design on their Amaya to see what they think? I've got an
order of shirts to do for this client and I'm starting to panic!
TIA
Wendy
Itchin' To Stitch
MN