[amayausers] Re: Floppy Disk Error

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 14:43:14 -0500

If I found the right place, it says 376, 308 KB ram.
When we got the Amaya and the original programs for design shop, etc. a tech
at Melco said our system was good enough to run both. Nothing else is run on
them-everything else stripped out. Not even a printer or scanner hooked up.
Ever since the upgrade was installed this summer we get repeated 'low
memory' errors and problems running it. Have reloaded the programs several
times, and defragged the computer twice.  Upgrade to a second computer was
planned to run Designshop on a separate system, but since we were convinced
not to buy another Amaya I'm not going to bother.
Decided instead to spend 3 times as much to get a digital printer/plotter.
Once we get it here we might put in a larger (ram) computer with newer
processor for the Amaya but we'll wait and see. Using this one just to proof
designs and do small retail orders-anything that is a quantity gets farmed
out after we proof it.