[amayausers] Re: Flag Embroidery

  • From: "Kathy Georgianna" <georgiannak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 08:02:02 -0400

Hi David

http://www.briarhillglen.com/flag.htm

Here is a flag I did for my town. The letters on the yellow I think are what
you are asking about.
Lets see if I can explain how I did it . The letters are 2" tall  I did sew
out each individual letter then I drew the inner and outer circles on the
yellow material . I also drew a center circle so I could center the letters.
I laid out my letters where I wanted them. Then I drew a straight line thru
the middle of the circle through the center of the letter all the way to the
outside of the circle . This gave me a direction to line up the hoop. I did
have to do one letter at a time.
Also it is good to use an erasable marker on the center circle  the straight
line marks I could put on the outsides of my circle and line up the center
of the hoop marks and the center of the circle.

Kathy