[amayausers] Re: Extended Warranty

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 15:07:27 -0400

I haven't gotten anything on warranty yet...our machine is just over a year
and a half old. Does the warranty cover parts AND service tech call? Worth
looking into-maybe it covers a yearly 'checkup'?
From what I've heard horror stories about-damage to needle heads, etc. I
don't think I"d mind the warranty price....about 10% of the cost of the
machine so that's not near as bad as what Sears or Radio Shack  charges-buy
a $129 stereo and they want $59 for a warranty!
Is the 'original' warranty 1 or 2 years? Like I said, haven't heard anything
yet to buy a new one!
We might have had 'extended' warranty as an option when we bought it-haven't
looked but we paid enough we should have a tech camped out here for a year
anyways! LOL
Roland

From: "r.rinehartsr" <drader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:45:14 -0500
To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amayausers] Re: Extended Warranty

Lou,  I just bought my first Amaya and really don't think I will EVER
purchase an extended warrenty at that price.  When you think about it, the
cost of a mother board isn't much more than the yearly cost of the warrenty.
Well, I can't imagine having something go seriously wrong each and every
year.  So why not put that $1200 in a seperate account each year and just
consider it insurance in the event of a breakdown.  Debra J. in central
Indiana----- Original Message -----