[amayausers] Re: Extended Warranty?

  • From: "Rod or Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 06:35:50 -0600

Roland,
Melco is more than willing to tell you about a tech in your area should you
ask.  If under warranty, they are very quick to dispatch a tech to you. We
are usually dispatched within a couple of hours of a phone call from a
customer. We get to them just as soon as we can. There are new techs being
trained periodically to try and give good coverage throughout the USA.
Possibly the salespeople are not aware of who all has gone in and paid for
the training and equipment to become techs let alone contact every owner of
a Melco machine to let them know when there is a new tech available. Anyone
who purchases the extended warranty receives a PMI service call so we can go
through your machine and bring it up to current specs and give it a good
"going through". We also educate/remind the customer of proper lubing and
oiling of the machine---that is the biggest issue we see in the field.  We
see the maintenance turned off in machines or customers hitting the button
so they can go on by without performing the proper maintenance.  When that
happens, there is certainly a snowball effect and the machine no longer runs
the way it should.  Parts become very worn at the high speed the Amaya can
run.  Many of the problems could be prevented with proper maintenance.  By
the same token, we are not told of customers who have purchased machines in
our territory unless there is a service call and we are dispatched. At one
time there was discussion of posting techs on the Melco website but I don't
think that has materialized.
Sharon