[amayausers.com] Re: ED, hurricane party?

  • From: OnleeJudy@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 13:57:17 EDT

I do believe that's on my schedule for next week.

The surgery to repair/rebuild my hand/wrist/forearm/elbow/shoulder is
scheduled for the following day.  hehehehehe

In a message dated 09/05/2008 10:31:13 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
e3m@xxxxxxx writes:

Judy,
I would like to arm wrestle Arnold Swartzenagger.
Have you done that yet?
Ed

--------------  Original message from OnleeJudy@xxxxxxx: --------------

Dear Mr. Ed:

It's really just a matter of what you're willing to put up with from  Mother
Nature.

I'm in the earthquake part of California right on the coast.   There was a
great ad campaign out here a few years ago for real California  cheese, where
the cows were standing in the field, and an earthquake  hit.  They were oooing
and awwwing about how good the foot massage  felt...and then said that they
never lasted long enough!

I don't shovel snow, I don't bake or boil in the summer, I don't rake
leaves, I don't get my yard power scrubbed by high winds, there is no  genuine
lava
lamp flowing through my living room floor, my house never gets  a mudpack,
there's rain in the winter so I can take my annual shower in  the summer, and
it's only one wardrobe all year around (jeans all year, add  sweatshirts in the
winter).  My trade off is foot massages.

The biggest drawback to them (foot massages) is not the broken dishes,  or
the stuffed knocked off of shelves.  It is the deep gouges left in  your legs
by
the sleeping cat who woke up during one because the Jack  Russell jumped in
your lap so it would have a safe place to bark at the  earthquake and make it
go away.  (Of course,  this presupposes  that there won't be a large enough one
to have my entire block  power washed by a rogue wave....)

Excuse me.... but.....
What?

I don't speak "Jive".

Dear Herb (& Peaches),
and the Amaya User's Group,
This was definitely like reliving a bad dream.  Although, since  we decided
to leave the bowl of New Orleans 2.5 years ago, this time  wasn't so bad.  I
only lost one tree, my fences are blown down,  and my yard is a wreck with
everybody elses leaves and branches (my  leaves and branches were sent to
somebody
elses house). Oh and the kids  15' playhouse is on it's face and twisted.  I
should be able to  recover it with some bubble gum and rubber bands.
Our electricity is back on and fortunately what we left in the fridge  is
still cold.  After Katrina there was no salvaging the fridge as  everything
inside had died.
What's interesting here is that when you look around outside, it  appears as
though it's the end of the "fall season".  All of the  trees have been
"shaken' down" so-to-speak and are missing a great deal of  their leaves.  It
almost
looks like it should be cool outside, but  no, it's still hot.
Driving home yesterday, we saw billboards blown out, fallen electical  lines,
trees fallen on houses, business signs knocked down, trees snapped  in half,
and along the interstate we saw mobile homes rolled  upsidedown.  These are
only a few reasons to evacuate.
Hey guys, I sincerely appreaciate all of the concern and  offers.  We got
lucky on this one.  My aunt in Virginia asked,  "why do you live where
hurricanes
are?".  Now there's one coming  up the east coast close to her.  So I ask
you, where could one  relocate where you are not suceptable to snow storms,
tornadoes, mud  slides, forest fires, earthquakes, Herb, flooding, hurricanes,
etc...?  We tried to answer this question after hurricane  katrina.  Any
thoughts?
Thanks again everybody.
Your friend,
Ed Orantes
504-258-6260

--------------  Original message from "HK Acree" <hkacree@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
--------------

> Ed,
> Okay (Redneck for O.K.).  You is bein safe with your peeps. Dis be a gud
> ting. Las time i  go trough dis whit you was dat Katrina junk. Spent 2
dolla
>  twenny fy cint to fine out u b okee dokee. Doan make me spend no mo  money
on

> erb

 It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel deal  _here_
(http://information.travel.aol.com/deals?ncid=aoltrv00050000000047) .

deal here.