[amayausers] Re: Disposable Computers

  • From: "Jeff Banks" <banksje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 11:42:22 -0700

All,

 Just to add to the part about taking the cover off and blowing the dust
out. Also with the cover off, turn on the computer and insure all fans are
running as they should. Many older computers do not monitor the fan and if
it is turning or not. These fans go bad frequently. If a CPU fan dies, so
does the processor, same way with a Power Supply Fan, if it quits the Power
supply will die shortly after.

 Jeff