From: amayausers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:amayausers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Roland R. Irish III
Sent: Saturday, July 08, 2006 5:00 AM
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers] Re: Digitizer

There is definitely a difference in how to digitize for different
machines...although the Amaya (by using Designshop to translate) will
run all kinds of other formats, you can see a difference using stock
Dakota designs. Pick any design from the Treasure Chest collection-
run it 'as is' and see how long it takes and how many stitches, how
many color changes, etc.
Then put that same design into Designshop....you can go into each
'fill' area, and throw away multiple unneeded stitches, I've found up
to 3-4 underlayments, tie in and tie outs, walk stitches, jumps from
color to color and back again....
with a basic knowledge of the program, you can reset the color
sequence for less cuts and needle jumps. Each 'fill area' can be
automatically setup with an underlayment, tiein-tieout, etc.
My usual cleanup (and I am by NO means an expert digitizer) of a
Dakota design results in 30% less stitches, 1/2 the sewout time, etc.
Densitys are usually too tight with Dakota, setting them to 4 +-
decreases stitch count and speeds it up, and with the autotension,
you can really fly with less breaks!
Yes, you 'could' use the same digitized design on any machine, but
the AMAYA will work much faster and more efficient with designs that
are SPECIFICALLY setup for the quirks of the Amaya!
And from what I've learned for my jobs I send off to a Barudan 12
head...any design that I set up for the amaya for hats-runs superbly
on the Barudan!

Roland