[amayausers] Re: Digitizer

  • From: "John Yaglenski" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 14:54:41 -0400

HI Jennifer:

Welcome!  Great to have a new member onboard.

Don't worry... You made the right decision.  I am convinced there isn't a
better machine on the market.

Almost all designs need to be adjusted regardless of the machine you sew it
on.  You'll find that as you get deeper into it.  What I found is a lot of
the dakota stuff and even some digitizers do work that plays towards older,
less accurate machines.  The AMAYA is very precise and is capable of running
at speeds that blow the others away.  You will find you get a ton more done
with her.

When you order from a digitizer, they will ask what format you want it in,
and what fabric you are sewing it on etc.  Someone familiar with the Amaya
can definitely take advantage of it's strengths (so that would be a bonus).
However, normal designs will sew fine - and the majority of the stuff we
have done on the amaya in the last 2+ years was not designed with this
machine in mind.  I don't think anyone meant to scare you.  Like I
mentioned, you just may need to tweak here and there in designs made for
other machines.  Bottom line is, we as a community are here for you - don't
be afraid to ask questions!  If you need help, there are plenty of us who
have been through every step.

You are in good hands!

John