[amayausers] Re: Design shop on network?

  • From: "Jeff Banks" <banksje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 15:42:55 -0600

Hi Bebe,

 I recommend to put Amaya Software in one computer, and Design Shop in
another. This is so the Amaya computer is left free to control the
machine(s) without other programs running that may interfere. You can load
both on the same computer, and you can run both at the same time, but if you
are going to get into digitizing with scanning, using graphics programs such
as Corel Draw etc. then doing all of that at one time is just asking for
trouble. Graphics programs in general are very computer resource hungry, and
it is just asking TOO MUCH of one computer and expect reliable operation all
the time. Now add things like the Internet, your book keeping stuff, etc.
etc. and it can get very ugly trying to do it all in one computer!

 It is best to put the Amaya software in one computer, and the Digitizing
Software in another. Use the Digitizing Computer for the Internet, the book
keeping software, the graphics programs and what ever else you may find
useful, and then network them together. When networking them together, use 2
network PCB's in the Amaya Computer. One Network connection for the Amaya
machine(s), and the second network connection to connect it to the
digitizing computer. This way the network traffic and control needed for the
machine(s) is kept separate from the network stuff needed for the 2
computers to work together. This insures one is not able to interfere with
the other and produces much more reliable operation.

Sincerely,
 Jeff Banks
 Melco Embroidery Systems