[amayausers] Re: Design shop misbehaving

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 17:30:25 -0500

I've never bothered set colors, other than plain RGB to get the look
of what I'm working
on in Design shop.
Once I get it into Amaya-then I pull the thread color I want, mount
it, set the needle number
and go for it.
Never bothered to figure out how to set 'by number' since every job
we do calls for different thread
anyways-no sense in keeping track somewhere else-other than the last
'proof' sewout-
gets stapled to a card, thread numbers and other info (backing,
solvy, etc.) written on that card.
Then it gets put into a large 3 ring binder in a 'page sleeve' and
voila'....
instant sample of a job, and also a proof to check for the reorder
next time!
New customers can see a job, get detail on size, stitch count, etc.
without playing
guessing games. They just find one similar in size, shape to what
they want and
we can quote a price right there and also have all kinds of sample
sewouts with
various thread colors and combinations.

Roland