[amayausers] Re: Design Shop Pro+ - not keeping design lettering

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 08:27:31 -0400

I'm wondering if the same thing happened to you that I was going nuts
over-making changes in Design shop (stitch counts, density, etc.) and later
on realizing that everything had changed (or defaulted back to what I
started with?)
What I figured out with Jeff' s help was a little pixie glitch in the
program....there is a 'phantom' copy of your design in Designshop...created
when you 'load' the image to Amaya. If you forget to save your ORIGINAL copy
with changes, you actually are changing this 'ghost' image....and when you
What I learned to do is IMMEDIATELY save ANY changes with a NEW number (like
PDhatfile1.ofm, make changes, save as PDhatfile2.ofm, etc.) and also in
AMAYA, save the last image ( I would go PDhatfile2a.ofm) so the a would clue
me that it is the one I sewed. Open this one in design shop next time,
change the lettering or settings, save as #3, so on). Wasn't a problem with
fonts or anything-its that darned function of the computer itself saving a
'ghost copy' as it moved the file from designshop to Amaya.
Hope this helps!
Roland