[amayausers.com] Re: Design Shop Aplique - Poly Twill - HOW?

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 17:45:32 UT

This message was posted by levelbest on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/166.html

Can someone - Jeff?  Others?  Design Shop Experts/Trainers?  Shed some lignt on
how to do sew discs and aplique with the Amaya?

I feel like I have been going round and round for a while on this to no end -
some claim to have done it - no one offers how to actually do it.

My theory...

You should be able to create lettering outlines in Illustrator or Corel Draw.

From there, you can take that and import into the Roland Cut Pro Software to
cut out those letters in poly twil.

You can also then bring that vecor based lettering graphic into design shop....
BUT THEN WHAT?  I tried the Vector to Aplique conversion and it sort of worked
but looked ugly - and it did each letter one at a time rather than sewing the
outline of the whole design, then stopping, then sewing a tack down stitch.

How do you create a sew disc to make it all work?

Imprintables Warehouse sells a program from Rennaisance called Twill Stitch Pro
- but I would HATE TO WASTE $800 on the software only to find I can do it just
as easily in Design Shop Pro plus.

 http://www.renmachine.com/Ren_Machine_Software_TSP.htm

Can someone answer once and for all - can it be done and how can it be done?

I know Herman at Pineapple Place Embroidery is a Melco Tech and does Twill
Letters and Sew Discs but I don't know if he uses Melco Software to produce
those...  http://pineappleplace.net

If you are out there Herman, maybe you can let us all know?

It just makes me upset that I have never used the GX-24 Digital Cutter I bought
a year ago for the purpose I bought it for - cutting twill and sewing aplique.
Instead, I have used it for vinyl cut heat transfers.

Please - someone help!  :)